Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lots Happening

First off, I have to share a little of my absence. I ran the Half Marathon last weekend in New Orleans at the Mardi Gras Marathon Race. Everything was great: temp, excitement, felt good, etc., etc. When I was approaching my 7th mile, my world changed! I tripped on New Orleans' finest street repairwork and fell hard! I got banged up pretty bad but am thankful I didn't break anything. If you are interested in reading my report, go here.

Now back to my stamping. I won the Flourishes Challenge for last week and am soooo excited about that! It was such a surprise and I "needed" some good news, ha! I can hardly wait to go shopping.

Today, I have a card that I'm submitting for the SCS CAS56 Challenge. It is "spring"y and feminine.

The card base is white cardstock. A square piece of Pretty in Pink was placed on top. Two different PIP dsp were cut in different sizes and placed an 1/8" smaller than the PIP solid piece. Regal Rose ribbon was placed around where the two pieces meet. Light pink taffeta was placed around it and knotted. The sentiment was stamped in Regal Rose on a scrap piece of PIP then die cut using Spellbinders Fancy Tags. A tiny Kaiser pearl was placed on either side.


Stamps: PTI Button Bits (sentiment)
Ink: Regal Rose
Paper: White, Pretty in Pink, PIP DSP
Other: Regal Rose Grosgrain, Light Pink Taffeta, Spellbinders Fancy Tags die, Kaiser Pearls

4 comments:

  1. WOW -- you're multi-talented! Fun to hear what everyone likes to do besides stamping :)
    This really is a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love the colors and that tag die.. Great job.. Congrats again on the Flourishes win..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning! So much fun to shop!! Your card is very pretty, Regal Rose is one of my all time favorite colors to work with!
    Sorry to hear about your run but glad that you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Robbie... sorry to hear about your running mishap. Hopefully you'll heal well so you can get back at it soon! Your card today is a beauty! And, don't forget to show us what you whip up with your Flourishes winnings! :-)

    ReplyDelete