Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Little Spring

I really enjoyed making this little card. I LOVE Papertrey Ink products and used several on this one. When purchasing the triple window die I wondered if I would ever really use it. So when I got it, the Take Three: Spring stamp set just jumped in the box with it. Well, not exactly. But now that I have it I can see it being used a lot. Gotta get more of those Take Three sets. Hey, PTI, make more stamps that fit inside this cute die!! I love that the die has soft rounded corners. As a bonus, you have the squares to use, too. Go PTI!! Getting more bang for your buck. The images in the Take Threes sets fit perfectly inside these little windows...I mean perfectly. Sorry about my finger in the picture...I couldn't get it to stay closed without something holding it that way.


The card base is Certainly Celery and has dsp on top. I did not distress it, it came that way and I have no idea from what company this is from. It was a sheet I've had for a while and only pieces were left of it. I love the look and had to have it. You know what I mean, you have these things, too. I covered the base with the dsp then die cut it using PTI's triple window die. It cut through both pieces like butter. Their dies are great. Have I told you yet that I love PTI? (Wish everything I use was theirs...BUT...it's getting there.) Take Three: Spring little birdies were stamped inside the dies. The card was closed when I did this so as to get a perfect alignment inside the cut outs. A piece of antique lace was placed across the top, then using Spellbinders heart dies I cut two graduating hearts out of PTI's wonderful felt. A light green pearl brad was placed in the center of them. They were placed at an angle on top of the lace. Clear rhinestones were used for the little birdie's eyes. Inside the little flower in this set is randomly stamped and "Celebrate You" was put in the corner. I love the way this turned out and hope you do, too.

Thank you for leaving me some love! It's always appreciated...

Stamps: Take Three: Spring (PTI)
Paper: Certainly Celery (SU), unknown dsp
Ink: Ruby Red (SU)
Other: Felt and triple window die (PTI), Spellbinders heart dies, green pearl brad (Recollections), clear rhinestones, lace.

3 comments:

  1. This is totally cute! Love that triple square die too!! I love the doubled up felt hearts. And that paper is from My Mind's Eye, their Everyday Tango collection. I LOVE it!!

    And I wanted to thank you for coming to my blog and leaving me such nice comments. You are very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to visit you by clicking your name in the comments on Amazing Grace's blog. I do like this card. Your color selections are fabulous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Robbie. So great to see you stamping. Your card is perfectly done. Getting back to running just wish the weather was a bit warmer..:)

    ReplyDelete