Friday, February 26, 2010

Whimsically Elegant

Okay, so I don't know how to title this. But as I look at my card, this title still comes to mind. The challenge today on Splitcoast is to use textures (think embossing folders, ribbons, and/or flowers, etc. – most embellishments fit into this category!), and at least ONE color that is one you don’t NORMALLY use (be sure to identify it in your card description). The third part, though optional, is to use some patterned paper in your creation. Without further adieu, here is my card for the very first F4A1 Challenge.

The base is a 6x6 white card. Black 6x6 cardstock was placed over the top for the first layer. Someone gave me this paper recently and I love it. The thing I love about it is the sparkle which gives it a feel of silver. This is one "color" I do not use much. The patterned paper was cut an 1/8" smaller than the black piece. I wrapped white organdy ribbon around this piece finishing it with a bow in the front. I cut a piece of silver cardstock from the Labels I Nesties. A large white flower chipboard was raised with foam adhesive and centered on the Label. The center is black glitter. It came together well.


Stamps: None
Paper: Patterned Paper (unk.), silver cardstock, black, white
Other: Labels I Nestie, large flower chipboard, white organdy ribbon, foam adhesive

I hope you like this and look forward to knowing what you think.

1 comment: