Thursday, August 13, 2009

Here's a card I made for my grandson, Spencer. He's turning 13 Saturday so I'm having to change my style with him. I mean, after all, what 13 year old boy wants something cutesy??


I received my Star Nestabilities in the mail yesterday and was excited I got them in time. So I pulled out my Cuttlebug Traffic Jam EF and went to cutting stars out of my Core'dination black papers. The light colored star is NOT pink as it may appear; it's a golden color. The other stars have a rusty "belly" under the black (not pink) so when you sand it that color comes through. I thought it looked real "jeansy" looking and would fit a boy. What do you think?

Stamps: Smarty Pants (sentiment inside)
Paper: Old Olive, Core'dinations
Ink: Black craft
Accessories: Black EP, Kaiser green rhinestone, Star Nestabilities, CB Traffic Jam EF, dimensionals, sanding block

The sentiment inside reads "Be Yourself, Nobody is Better Qualified".

2 comments:

  1. Very fun, I like the textured background and the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a perfect card for a teenager - I bet he loved it! Lucky you getting the star nesties - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete