Monday, May 24, 2010

A "Speedy" Challenge

For you stampers out there, you probably get the title. Yeah, I'm referring to Speedy the Cat! This is my first challenge with Mark's Finest Papers. Don't know why this has escaped my attention before but this is only their 4th challenge. This one is to create a card or project with an animal on it.

The one I want to share is a teeny, tiny card with a little bird on it. I hope birds can be classified as an animal...hmmm. The card is actually the More Mustard piece. It lifts up for a tiny message. I cut a piece of Old Olive from the Fleur de Lis Pendant Spellbinders die as a base. The "card" is a 2x4 piece of More Mustard folded in half. A scrap piece of Naturals Ivory was Cuttlebugged with the Textile EF and cut a little smaller to fit on top. I used two graduating Nestabilities Squares for the main image with the Old Olive piece raised with foam adhesive. I thought the Naturals Ivory was a better choice since it was a little bird...it had a more "natural" feel to it. The tiny bird from PTI's Everyday Button Bits was stamped in More Mustard with an Apricot Appeal button placed in the center and the tiny wing stamped in More Mustard and cut out and placed on the button. On the inside is the sentiment, "hey there, chickadee". It's the sweetest, teeniest card. Hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends. Hope you can join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! That little chickadee is one of my all time favorites to play with. Love the fleur de lis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie!!!! I am THRILLED you played with Speedy's friends~ AND with such an adorable card!! Hope to see you every week~~

    ReplyDelete