Monday, August 23, 2010

Memories

This second card today has a completely different feel to it as compared to the other. It has a worn and tattered look. With the Worn Lipstick ink smudges, it makes me think of the old tin lipstick round that my Grandmother had resting on her little bureau (an antique now). And the sentiment is something my other Grandmother basically said to me, never putting me down though my generation was drastically different from hers, and to be myself. And, my mother has "always" encouraged me to be who I am, do what I want, learn from my failures and don't look back. I love her so much, too, and am glad I can still tell her so!!

Now, back to the card...I sewed a zigzag stitch around the DSP to attach to the base card, then heavily smudged it with distress ink. A slit was made on the side of the card and the ribbon was laced through it and tied in a knot. Then it was inked and the ends were pulled to give it a tattered look. I didn't realize how much of this card reminds me of my Grandmothers and why I like this card so much: the sewing which both of them did, the soft inking, the floral pattern, the sentiment and the "worn" look of the ribbon. Neither had much and the inking/aging reminds me of the old furniture and old things that was all they had. I loved them both so much and miss them greatly!!


Stamps: Seeing Stars (Verve)
Paper: Baja Breeze, Kraft, Textured DSP (SU retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Tuxedo Memento Black (for edging sentiment square), Worn Lipstick and Antique Linen Distress Ink
Other: Sewing machine, Striped Baja Breeze Ribbon (SU retired)

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment