Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lots of catching up to do...

Okay...I deserve to be beat with a wet noodle...easily!! With that said, recently I had over 400 photos printed of all the road races I've run. Woo-hoo! I hope to get them into a few scrapbooks chronicaling my racing "career" which is where I've spent most of my time blogging over the last couple of years. Also, coming and going so much, it's easier to maintain that blog than my cardmaking one.

I have so many cards I've not written about or shown. But sense told me to continue to take photos and have them ready when I do have the time to blog. Oh my, there are so many to show I don't know where to begin. With that said, I'll start with a couple at a time as I grab them up from stored pics.

Today, I will show a couple of Father's Day cards I made. The sketch is the same but the colors were different.



The first one I chose to 'color distress' it. I like both styles because they both lend to a clean look on a white card. Each used the double ended banner die from Papertrey Ink, then stamped one end with one of the images from the Banner Builder stamp set. Folding back the unstamped end, I 'hung' it over a cute little twine line with bows at each end. Set this aside.

Take a standard 4.25" x 11" card folded in half longwise making a taller card than the normal size/looking card. This has become one of my favorite styles. Using the Diamonds In The Rough embossing folder, I placed it along the bottom of the card and embossed using my Cuttlebug.

Stamping the word "H A P P Y", I punched out using SU's small circle punch. These were placed on top of the banners using dimensional tape to give it a little bit of distance from the banner itself.

There is an open area where the "diamonds" don't connect where I stamped 'Father's Day'. Attach the little banner line above it and wah-la...it's done.

Ingredients
Paper: White c/s
Stamps: Banner Builders (PTI), Father's Day (Anna Griffin), the letters 'HAPPY' (Studio G, I think)
Inks: Billiant Blue and Always Artichoke (SU)
Accessories: Double Ended Banner die (PTI), Diamonds in the Rough EF, small circle punch (SU), Twine, Dimensional Tape

Really simple, but I do love that style. Believe it or not, working with mostly white is probably the hardest thing I've done. It is so easy to slightly touch the card with an inky pinky and unless you can cover it up, it's back to step 1.

Thanks for looking. I do appreciate it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment