Wednesday, February 10, 2010

CAS

Just a clean and simple (CAS) card for you today. I saw this on Splitcoast and just had to do one. I WILL do more of this soon! It makes such an elegant statement. Thanks for looking!


The base card is 6x6 out of Naturals Ivory. Cut another piece of NI 1/4" shorter around two sides. Repeatedly stamp Damask design in Summer Sun. I wanted mine to look like an aged piece of handwork so I didn't press hard nor did I line up the images "perfectly". Then the Linen stamp was inked with Summer Sun and pressed lightly over the Damask image. Piercing edged this panel and finally I roughed the edges with my scissors. This is my favorite way to distress. I've tried other tools and continually come back to this way of giving a rough look to my pieces. Place plenty of foam adhesive on back and place on main card.

Die cut a scrap piece of NI with the Fancy Tags from Spellbinders. Stamp "Just Because" in Pumpkin Pie. Add pearls. Raise the tag with foam adhesive and adhere to card.

Stamps: Damask Designs (PTI), Linen (SU)
Paper: Naturals Ivory
Ink: Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Fancy Tags (Spellbinders), piercer, Basic Grey tiny pearls, foam adhesive, scissors for roughing edges

1 comment:

  1. It may be clean and simple but it is such an elegant statement! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete